2015 Richard Cowie Memorial Scholarship Award
JazzYYC and the Calgary Musicians Association are offering a $1000.00 scholarship to an individual who is a current Local 547 member. This scholarship is to be used to further the applicant’s studies in jazz (i.e. tuition fees, private lesson fees, workshop fees etc.).
The applicant’s proposal will:
- present in a clear and concise manner, the applicant’s artistic vision.
- show leadership in the Calgary jazz community.
- show some originality of concept.
- outline how the funds will be used, including a complete budget that includes the Calgary Musicians Association/JazzYYC scholarship funds as part of the overall funds needed for the project and a timeline for when the funds will be used. A written report that includes the actual expenditures will be required at the completion of the project.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS; May 22nd, 2015
All submissions must include the following:
- contact information.
- a short personal biography, including your artistic vision.
- a description of the planned use of the funds, including a timeline for the usage.
- a complete budget for the project, which includes the use of the scholarship funds.
- a CD or CDR of your most recent representative work (please label the case cover on the spine).
Mail or drop submissions to:
Calgary Musicians Association
#5 - 606 Meredith Rd NE, Calgary, AB T2E 5A8
The successful applicant will be notified on or before June 19th, 2015.
A performance by the winner will be sponsored and scheduled with JazzYYC.
JazzYYC is Calgary’s jazz collaborative. There’s strength when we work together. JazzYYC represents, supports and promotes jazz in Calgary year around.
The Calgary Musicians Association is a professional association comprised of over 700 musicians located throughout southern Alberta. It is affiliated with the American Federation of Musicians of the United States and Canada (AFM).The Association is dedicated to establishing and maintaining professional standards, ethics and fees in the music industry and assists members in the business areas of their careers.