The Calgary Musicians Association is offering a $500.00 scholarship to an individual who is a current Local 547 member. This scholarship is to be used to further the applicant’s studies in jazz (i.e. tuition fees, private lesson fees, workshop fees etc.).
The applicant’s proposal will:
- present in a clear and concise manner, the applicant’s artistic vision.
- show leadership in the Calgary jazz community.
- show some originality of concept.
- outline how the funds will be used, including a complete budget that includes the Calgary Musicians Association scholarship funds as part of the overall funds needed for the project and a timeline for when the funds will be used. A written report that includes the actual expenditures will be required at the completion of the project.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS; May 26th, 2017
*All submissions must include the following:
- contact information.
- a short personal biography, including your artistic vision.
- a description of the planned use of the funds, including a timeline for the usage.
- a complete budget for the project, which includes the use of the scholarship funds.
- a CD or CDR of your most recent representative work (please label the case cover on the spine).
The successful applicant will be notified on or before June 23rd, 2017.
Mail or drop submissions to:
Calgary Musicians Association
#5 - 606 Meredith Rd NE, Calgary, AB T2E 5A8
*Submissions that don’t meet the requirements will not be considered.