Calgary Pro Musica Society is seeking an experienced and self-motivated part-time Administrator. The successful candidate will be a key contributor to the success of the Society, and will report to the volunteer Board of Directors.
Accountabilities/Responsibilities: • Provide complete administrative assistance to the board of directors to manage the affairs of the society and its membership
- Manage all financial affairs of the Society under the guidance of the Treasurer, including the processing of invoices and expense reports
- Act as a liaison for the society’s members with the affairs of the society, both external and internal
- Oversee and manage the Society’s ticketing and subscription process throughout the season
- Organize meetings by coordinating logistics, preparing agendas and documenting action items • Organize and maintain Society files and correspondence and follow up on items
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Proven administrative support experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills a must (Outlook, Word, Excel,)
- Advanced QuickBooks (or similar) accounting software skills a must
- Non-profit experience is an asset (Charities Returns, GST Returns, Alberta Gaming licenses, etc.)
- Experience with managing Alberta Gaming licenses and appropriate use of funds an asset
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Coordinate, organize and manage various events which are held periodically throughout the year
- Ability to multi-task, work proactively and accurately (attention to detail) in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment, with minimal supervision
- Confident dealing in high level situations with exposure to sensitive information, requiring considerable diplomacy, discretion and good judgment
- Post-secondary education in Office Administration is an asset
- A positive, “can-do” attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy, and sincerity
- Attention to details and operate according to strict deadlines
- Ability to exercise good judgment and work independently
For more information about the Calgary Pro Musica Society, please see our website: www.calgarypromusica.ca
This is a part-time salaried position currently requiring 15 hours per week, with the potential to increase within 1-2 years. Hours are flexible however some regular business hours are required. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be invited for an interview.
Note that this position requires the successful completion of a criminal background check and Gaming Information Session with Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission.
Submit resume and/or inquiries to email@example.com
Deadline for submissions is November 15, 2016