The Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra is a cornerstone musical organization and defining feature of Calgary’s civic identity. Music comes first at the Calgary Philharmonic. We will engage and serve our community musically, socially and educationally. We are an open, mutually respectful community of musicians, staff and stakeholders that celebrates creativity and diversity.
The CPO announces a part-time opening in its Artistic Operations Department. We are looking for a dedicated, detail-oriented individual who is looking to gain experience working in a music library.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in preparing music for concerts, which includes marking rehearsal/measure numbers, marking bowings in string parts, marking cuts, fixing errata and page turns, cleaning and repairing old parts, enlarging music, adding new sets to inventory, etc.
- Working closely with the Music Librarian, help to organize, file, and breakdown music folders as needed, check sets to make sure all materials are returned, create bowing masters, re-shelve or return music to publisher as required.
- Process rental invoices and track expenses in library budget
- Coordinate bowing schedule among string principals in the orchestra
- Ensure music is in place for rehearsals and/or performances, as required
- Passion for the arts, and desire to gain in-depth experience working in a professional orchestra’s library
- Bachelor’s degree in music, and/or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and ability to schedule and prioritize
- Strong knowledge of orchestral repertoire, music editions, reference resources, etc.
- Flexibility to work variable hours, including evening and weekends
- Computer proficiency
- Knowledge of computer notation programs an asset
- Ability to work independently while keeping supervisor informed of work activity and issues
Please e-mail CV and cover letter in confidence to email@example.com by August 19, 2016, with “Music Library Assistant” in the subject line.
Thank you for your interest. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.