SCHOOL OF ALBERTA BALLET
POSITION PROFILE: ACCOMPANIST JOB POSTING
The School of Alberta Ballet is looking for full-time and part-time accompanists to accompany both Professional Division and Foundation Training ballet classes. Accompanists should be able to sight read
for syllabus classes and should ideally be able to play music classes from other nationalities, such as Eastern European folk music.
• Provide ballet accompaniment for children’s ballet classes as well as adult classes as required by the instructor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
• Ability to sight read is a must
• Experience in ballet accompaniment is preferred
• Follow teacher directions
• Ability to improvise
• Knowledge of classical ballet repertoire preferred
• Prompt for class times
• Music degree preferred
• Willingness to learn and adjust to changing abrupt music tempos
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Positive and cooperative attitude is essential
• Good understanding of the world of the performing arts
• Ability to understand the role of accompaniment versus performance
HOURS AND COMPENSATION
• This position is based between 15 – 35 hours per week, includes daytimes, evenings and weekends.
Interested applicants should submit their resume and application to Jennifer Mariani, by email to email@example.com