The JazzYYC and the Calgary Musicians Association are offering a $1000.00 scholarship to an individual who is a professional performing jazz musician. This scholarship is to be used to further the applicant’s studies in jazz (i.e. tuition fees, private lesson fees, workshop fees etc.).
The applicant’s proposal will:
- present in a clear and concise manner, the applicant’s artistic vision.
- show leadership in the Calgary jazz community.
- show some originality of concept.
- outline how the funds will be used, including a complete budget that includes the Calgary Musicians Association/JazzYYC scholarship funds as part of the overall funds needed for the project and a timeline for when the funds will be used. A written report that includes the actual expenditures will be required at the completion of the project.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS; May 24th, 2019
All submissions must include the following:
- contact information.
- a short personal biography, including your artistic vision.
- a description of the planned use of the funds, including a timeline for the usage.
- a complete budget for the project, which includes the use of the scholarship funds.
- a CD or CDR of your most recent representative work (please label the case cover on the spine) or links to your most recent works, if applying by email.
Email, mail or drop submissions to:
Calgary Musicians Association
#5 - 606 Meredith Rd NE, Calgary, AB T2E 5A8
The successful applicant will be announced on June 16th, 2019.
A performance by the winner will be sponsored and scheduled with JazzYYC.