Recognizing the talent and achievements of Calgary's music community, the YYC MUSIC AWARDS shines the spotlight on artists from one of Canada's most vibrant and eclectic scenes. Hosting their 4th annual gala on September 22, 2019 at The Palace Theatre (219 8 Ave SW), the YYCMA's have open submissions to Calgary's homegrown talent beginning March 1st and ending on June 5, 2019.
This year's 2019 awards will honour members of the Calgary music community in 23 categories (listed below).
Awards application can be submitted at the following link:
Please note submission requirements:
The album or single must have been commercially released between March 1st, 2018 and February 28th, 2019 to be eligible. Singles may not be part of a collection previously nominated.
Full Details on category description and eligibility can be read here.
2019 YYC Music Awards Categories:
Artists may only submit to one of the following categories:
- Alternative Recording of the Year
- Blues/Jazz Recording of the Year
- Classical Recording of the Year
- Contemporary Inspirational Recording of the Year
- Country Recording of the Year
- EDM Recording of the Year
- Folk Recording of the Year
- Jazz Recording of the Year
- Metal Recording of the Year
- Pop Recording of the Year
- R & B / Soul Recording of the Year
- Rap Recording of the Year
- Rock Recording of the Year
- World Music Recording of the Year
Artists may submit to more than one of these categories:
- Female Artist of the Year
- Group of the Year
- Industry Person of the Year
- Male Artist of the Year
- Music Video of the Year
- People's Choice Award
- Single of the Year
- Songwriter of the Year
- Zackariah and The Prophets Memorial Award
2018 YYCMA Winners - https://yycmusicawards.com/categories/winners/
The YYC MUSIC AWARDS is also accepting volunteer applications leading up to, and for the gala, along with membership for the Calgary Music Selection Committee (CMSC), who are voting members.
For more info:
The YYC MUSIC AWARDS celebrates the artists that embrace Calgary as home; entertaining and supporting its arts and culture. The award event was founded by music industry professionals, with backgrounds in artist management, booking agents, media as well as recording studio production/engineering.