The Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra is a cornerstone musical organization and defining feature of Calgary’s civic identity. Music comes first at the Calgary Philharmonic. We will engage and serve our community musically, socially and educationally. We are an open, mutually respectful community of musicians, staff and stakeholders that celebrates creativity and diversity.
The Production Manager oversees the planning and execution of all logistical and technical aspects of all Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra services and events.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all production and technical details related to Calgary Philharmonic services are properly executed, supervising stage and technical crew, and working closely with Artistic Operations staff and Guest Artists
- Hire stagehands and other crew, maximizing crew time and ensuring the quality, effectiveness, and efficiency of concerts and rehearsals
- Organize instrument rentals, equipment rentals, keyboard tunings, truck rentals
- Create stage plots, and supervise and assist in the set-up of all instruments, stands, chairs and the podium, as well as lighting, sound, climate control, risers and platforms where required, and any other special performance requirements for all concerts and rehearsals
- Create and track annual budget for production costs, including venue rental, stage crew, transportation of instruments/equipment/orchestra, staging, sound/lighting
- Arrange bookings with all venues, and provide all relevant production information to venues
- Maintain inventory of all stage/production equipment and instruments
- Coordinate transportation of materials required for services outside Arts Commons
- Advise and support technical aspects of live streaming and any recording projects
- Provide a safe work environment and ensure that backstage facilities are in good working order
- Adhere to the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the Calgary Musicians Association and the Calgary Philharmonic Society
- Point-of-contact for staff for use of Calgary Philharmonic van and maintenance schedule
- Additional duties as assigned
Reporting and Accountability:
The Production Manager reports directly to the Director of Artistic Operations, and works collaboratively with administrative staff, the Music Director, orchestra musicians, and guest artists.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years experience in Performing Arts Production preferred
- Strong knowledge of sound, lighting, staging equipment and safety practices
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
- Ability to manage many details within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work evening/weekends, variable hours
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
Please email resume with cover letter in confidence to email@example.com by Friday, August 12, 2016, with “Production Manager” in subject heading.
We appreciate your interest. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.