2023 Richard Cowie Memorial Scholarship Award
JazzYYC and the Calgary Musicians Association are offering a $1000.00 scholarship to an individual who is a working jazz musician. This scholarship is to be used to further the applicant’s studies in jazz (i.e. tuition fees, private lesson fees, workshop fees etc.).
The applicant’s proposal will:
- present in a clear and concise manner, the applicant’s artistic vision.
- show leadership in the Calgary jazz community.
- show some originality of concept.
- outline how the funds will be used, including a complete budget that includes the Calgary Musicians Association/JazzYYC scholarship funds as part of the overall funds needed for the project and a timeline for when the funds will be used. A written report that includes the actual expenditures will be required at the completion of the project.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: Friday May 26, 2023
All submissions must include the following:
- contact information.
- a short personal biography, including your artistic vision.
- a description of the planned use of the funds, including a timeline for the usage.
- a complete budget for the project, which includes the use of the scholarship funds.
- a copy (CD/Album), link or .mp3 of your most recent representative work (please label the case cover for CD/Album submissions).
Mail, email or drop submissions to:
Calgary Musicians Association
506 – 4 Street SW
Calgary, AB T2P 1S7
The successful applicant will be announced on or before Friday, June 23, 2023
A performance appearance by the winner will be sponsored and scheduled with JazzYYC.