The Musicians’ Relief Fund helps union musicians who work gig to gig and are confronting extraordinary financial challenges as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Please note that you must meet ALL of the following five requirements to apply for financial assistance:
- You must currently be a member in good standing of the American Federation of Musicians of the United States and Canada.
- You must be primarily engaged as a freelance musician.
- You must not be receiving post-COVID-19 lockdown payments of any sort from a musical employer, which payments flow from an agreement between an employer and AFM or one of its locals.
- You must reside and work in the United States or Canada.
- You have lost work due to COVID-19 (novel coronavirus).
Applications are considered on a first-come, first-served basis, and must be received by November 15, 2020. Payment amount is subject to availability of funds. Initial payments will not exceed $300 but may be revised upward if additional funding permits.